Friday, May 6, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Cupcakes

This week is teacher appreciation week. I had every intention of doing something every single day for the teachers, but things got crazy and I missed day one and two. I will make it up next week though. Anyway, on day three I sent a bag of peppermints with a cute tag that said "You were 'Mint' to teach. I took pictures and then I lost them. :-( Long story, but I had to buy a new computer earlier this week, so I downloaded the pictures to it, erased the memory card and then within a 36 hour period it crashed- TWICE! Obviously, it went back to Costco. Along with my pictures. Boo. Anyway, on day three I sent a copy of the Rachel Ray EveryDay Magazine with a tag that read "Thanks for teaching me new things 'EveryDay' . . . You are the best!" It was very cute as well. Wish you guys could have seen it. Sigh. On a brighter note, I got a new computer and was able to download pictures of my day five gift! Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Icing. YUMMMMMM!
I found the recipe at the PRECIOUS blog Skip to My Lou and then I went to Publix and purchased three of the clear plastic cupcake containers. At $.75 per container, it is a no brainer- PERFECT for gift giving. Then I downloaded the FREE cupcake toppers at Lauren McKinsey Designs. If you don't know about this site- go there. Immediately. She has some adorable things!
Last, I downloaded the cute note card from http://dimpleprints.blogspot.com/2010/05/free-dowload-teacher-appreciation-week.html and altered it a little bit in Publisher to list the name of the cupcake creations. The final step was digging through my ribbon collection and tying them up all "pretty" for presentation! I hope that the teachers will like them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! Great idea to buy the plastic containers at the grocery store. Was there enough room to close even with the toppers?

Jessica said...

Yes! I did have to cut the end of the sticks by about 1/2 inch with wire cutters, but then they fit perfectly!

Post a Comment